Someone popped the question and you said, “Yes!” Once you have a date in mind it is wise to choose a location and the person who will officiate.
- Venues and marriage commissioners are in high demand, especially on long weekends and during holiday times. The wedding ceremony cannot proceed without an officiant- the person who makes it legal!
- The traditional spring and summer wedding dates remain very popular. There is a growing demand for fall and winter weddings and for weddings outdoors.
- If you choose to wed outdoors always have an alternate indoor venue available in case of poor weather.
- Most public outdoor locations require a permit from a municipal, provincial or federal government agency. This avoids closed areas or congestion from other events.
- Simple or elegant?
- How many in the wedding party? Any children?
- Will you walk down the aisle? What music will accompany you?
- Will someone give you away?
- Where will everyone sit or stand?
- Will there be unique additions to the ceremony?
- Will a friend or family member do a reading?
- Rings? One or two? None?
- Will you rehearse the processional and recessional?
In addition to the vows, I will assist you in answering these questions to ensure the ceremony flows smoothly and leaves you with wonderful life long memories. I will provide advice and direction for a rehearsal.